Welcome to the noticeboard!
This is a website for and about people who live in residential land lease communities in New South Wales (formerly known as residential parks).
The noticeboard recognises the unique housing situation of land lease community residents by providing specialised legal information, resources and referral options.
The law applies differently to people who rent both the site and home (tenants) and those who rent only the site (home owners). Be aware that some of the information on this site is directed only at one group or the other. If you are unsure about how the law applies to you get advice from your local tenants advice service.
The Tenants' Union of NSW
The Tenants' Union is:
- A community legal centre specialising in NSW residential tenancies law and accredited by the National Association of Community Legal Centres (NACLC)
- The main resourcing body for Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Services (TAASs)
- An independent, secular not-for-profit membership based cooperative under the Cooperatives Act 1992 (NSW)
- You can read our rules of incorporation here.
A society in which people in NSW can access safe, secure and affordable rental housing.
We aim to make a positive difference to the lives of residential tenants in NSW, and particular tenants who are economically and socially disadvantaged.
Our work in land lease communities
The Tenants' Union works with and for residents of land lease communities in the following ways:
- We undertake policy and law reform activities to protect the rights of residents and improve consumer protection
- We undertake strategic litigation
- We provide legal advice, research and training to Tenant Advocates
- We convene the NSW Residential Parks Forum and the Parks Legal Working Group
- We support organised resident groups and associations
- We publish legal factsheets for residents covering their rights and obligations under relevant legislation
- We provide information through our publications Outasite and Outasite Lite
- We provide community education about the law